Sunday 8 July 2012

Ready For Off

                                                        Wells -Next - The - Sea 2007

No I'm not at Wells - although I do like it there - I'm at North Fambridge on the swinging mooring.

I travelled down by train yesterday (Sunday) - slow -A one way ticket - Scary!!

 Nigel kindly picked me up from the station with my three heavy bags - wonderful.

The Trot boat was running and in no time I was installed on board out in the river.

A bit windy in the afternoon and some rain - not much - chicken carbonara for tea.

THE PLAN


High tide Monday 0530 - low tide - 1130.

Leave Fambridge on the ebb tide about 0900 and make for the river Roach - 90 minutes.

Anchor there and prepare the passage plan for Tuesday - across the Thames Estuary to Ramsgate.

The main consideration is tides - I need enough depth to cross the really shallow sandbank just out of the Whitaker channel and if I time it right - I will have the tidal stream pushing me south.

About 10 hours should do it and if possible - SAILING - not motoring.

In Ramsgate I can get my bike out and do the food shopping.

Wednesday - THE CHANNEL.

I will prepare a passage plan for Boulogne.

As far as the wind is concerned - I'm alright so long as it's not got North in it.

I can't wait.

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment