Saturday 14 July 2012

Lazy day in Bolougne

                                                       Blazer at her berth in Boulogne.

Sunshine at last!


I've still got no idea what time it is - I must be on holiday or it would matter.
                                                             The local Supermarche' 


The sun shone yesterday - Great - tidied up - used the very nice ablution block ( the French have always led the way) - emailed Mum - and then off to the shops.


I first found the chandlers - well you have to - 2 charts showing the rest of Northern France.

Then a nice man pointed me in the direction of the supermarche'.

Fantastic - not one item I recognised - stocked up on baguettes - petits pois - fromarge - and of course wine.

                                                     Fish stalls alongside the fish quay.

I fancied some fish for lunch, so I made my way to the fish stalls which were all closing!!

I bough six oysters - and a smallish flat fish - I think was Sole.

They had lots of bigger flat fish with orange spots - Turbot?

                                                                  A simple lunch.

Now that's what  I like - simplicity - Oysters -  a little lemon - bread - Muscadet.

I lazed in the cockpit all afternoon in very hot sunshine - met the nice Dutch couple on the next boat - he's a lawyer.

Put up the French courtesy flag - Installed the outboard engine on it's new mount board.

Cooked the fish for tea - delicious!!

An early night - What a \GREAT DAY.

Mike.


No comments:

Post a Comment