Monday 23 July 2012

Onwards To Fecamp

                                                          Lovely blue / green sea.        

Sunday 22nd July

A day you dream of.


I decided to press on to Fecamp about 32 miles and left 09.00 in hot sunshine and no wind.

Not ripple on the sea - engine on.

About 2 miles out there is a wreck marked by a buoy and I was making sure that We didn't hit it  when I saw -

DOLPHINS !!!

There were two - playing around the buoy jumping high out of the water - I was so excited I forgot the camera.

As I got close they swan directly to Blazer and dived under the bow and away behind.

I watched them as I went on my way for about 10 minutes - Fantastic - this far North.

                                                         Nuclear power stations.

The coast here is mainly cliffs - a light brown colour  - with villages and small towns in the gaps - nice.

I have seen 3 big nuclear power stations - the French have no problem with them - this one had 5 reactors.

The sun was really hot - lots of sun cream - it works - factor 25.

                                                       The view from the saloon.

The wind picked up and I put all sail up + engine - but it was slow going against the tide - but I didn't care it was great.

when I got to within 6 miles of Fecamp  I was tired of the mainsail flapping around in the very light wind as Blazer rolled with the swell - I stopped and put the sails away.

While stopped I tried fishing with my mackerel rod - first cast - 3 mackerel - great - fish for tea.

I tied up in Fecamp at about 6pm and found my Belgian friend Gee was still there - we had a nice chat on his boat.

I went shopping and bought a warm fresh baguete at 8pm on Sunday - the French.

The fish went down a treat - cooked in foil parcels with garlic - onion and lemon juice.

Just with the fresh bread and a glass of Muscadet - wonderful sat in the cockpit in the last of the sunshine.

                                          The view across the harbour - expensive looking pads.

I'm here for one more night to explore - I might get the bike out - it's a holiday town.

What a day.

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment