Wednesday 30 November 2016

Leveling the Sub Base

Wednesday 30th of November 2016



A very cold and frosty start today - lots of ice around - but a dry and sunny day forecast.

A leisurely start - barrowing the hardcore and leveling it with the rake by eye - easy.

The hire company dropped off the compactor plate - a nearly new one - just the job.
It worked great - really packing the hardcore down well.



Jackie took Penny for her walk and collected a gallon of petrol for me.

I soon had to take off my coat in the sunshine - lovely.

Today, I managed about 20 barrow loads - plus leveling and compacting - good!
I'm about half way through leveling the sub base already !!




The big pile of hardcore is going down but it's clear that I won't use all of it - there will be a few tonnes left !!

The plan - I have spotted a company that has a small four wheel grab truck locally - I will ask them to quote for taking the left over hardcore to Scott's lake - they always need hardcore there - to deal with boggy areas.

Tomorrow - Alan is going to help take levels - we will mark up the low spots and fill them up as we go along.
I will keep going with the base as long as this dry spell lasts.

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment