Monday 28 November 2016

Orders Placed

Monday 28th of November 2016

Fiona and family left, for Cornwall, at 10am today after a big get together at the carvery for breakfast.
They will be back at Christmas.

We walked Penny in Bluebell woods - fantastic - leaves slowly falling all around - no wind - bright sunshine - lots of colour - amazing !!
Maddie was with us - putting wild bird food down at every possible spot !!

Back home - I set about removing one of the misted up double glazed units in the conservatory - there are three.
In no time - the beads were popped out and I could measure the clearance to the frame - 6mm.
I found Abbey Glass in Derby that actually make the units themselves - got a reasonable quote - £210 for the three ( toughened glass ! ) - I double checked the sizes - ready on Thursday - Great.
I will swap the units myself and I have earmarked two of the misty ones for the new workshop - one big window on the front - facing the house - the two units - one in front of the other with a three inch air gap between - great sound proofing - plus recycling !

Then I ordered the hardcore - half a load - ( 9 tonnes I hope - I don't want more than that ) - in bulk - tipped on the drive - tomorrow !!! - from the grab truck company - recycled concrete / brick - 40mm to dust.
Not a bad price - £210 cash.

Next - I called Hire Station - for a wacker plate hire- A Derby number but sounded like a call centre - they quoted prices much higher than the website but I got cut off.
I called the same number again and got straight through to the hire desk - they had no knowledge of my first call and quoted much lower prices than the website - WHAT'S GOING ON !!!
They will deliver on Wednesday - great.

I'm all set - settled weather - material and tools - just got to get some fuel ready.

We walked Penny again in Mark Eaton Park - bright sunshine still - the other side of Derby city centre - my first visit - a very big park - well maintained - well funded by the look of it - lots to do for children.
They have craft workshops with two woodworking companies and a company up cycling things - brilliant !!!

Back at home - nice to have the house to ourselves again.

Big day, moving hardcore tomorrow !!

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment