Sunday 2 July 2017

Wall Boards and Tyvek Membrane

Sunday 2nd of July 2017

A big day today - 06.30 start - setting up ( quietly! )
Fitting 11mm OSB boards to the outside of the framework with 40 mm wood screws.
All full size sheets - left long at the top -trimmed to the roof fall angle with the portable circular saw.
14 sheets fitted - trimmed - cock up sorted - trying to use a string line on my own - missed !
700 wood screws !
All walls nice and plumb - solid - but still need bracing at the front util I build the front wall.
By 18.00 we were ready to fit the Tyvek membrane - Jackie helped - we managed to wrap two strips right around with no joints - a generous 7 inch overlap between the strips - all stapled on.
The spare was left at the top - I folded this over the exposed top edge and stapled it on the back of the sheet -,Great !!

All cleaned up by 20.00 - a long day - I was all in.

Roof joist firring pieces next - I need to find a way to cut them to 20 different heights ?
This will give a fall of 1 in 80 front to back for rain water run off.
Then it's 14 roof boards - 18mm OSB - HEAVY !!
Then two layers of torch on felt.

Sorry - no photos today - my new computer will not connect to the Internet and this ipad will not load photos to Blogger from the album !!!

I will post photos as soon as I can.

Good progress - better than I hoped - hard work !!

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment