Thursday 13 July 2017

Preparation for the roof

Wednesday 12th of July 2017

A very busy week at Barry's working in the bathroom - but managed to sort out more materials for the next phase on the workshop build.

I ordered 14 sheets of 18 mm OSB3 - structural - perfect for what I want - Derby Timber Supplies again - £18 per sheet delivered - not bad.

I also ordered 144 metres of tanalised 2 x 1 sawn timber to be fixed vertically on the outside of the Tyvek membrane in line with the internal uprights.
This will be the mounting for the outer decorative cladding - when I can afford to buy it.
I am now thinking of 12 mm ship lap boards - horizontal - on the sides and front.
With feather edge fence boards on the back for cost.
The ship lap will take a paint finish well - Jackie would like it to match the summer house colour scheme - no problem.

It all arrived on Wednesday - 3 pm - the driver kindly stacked it at the side of the house out of sight from the road.

I will struggle to lift the sheets so I have made a one wheel device that the sheets will fit into and allow me to wheel them to the workshop - if it works !!
Based on a pneumatic barrow wheel - a design I spotted on eBay at £100 - mine cost nothing !!

So - I'm all set for this weekend - must bring my nail gun back from Barry's and buy enough 6mm x 60 mm screws for the roof.

I still have to finish the graduated strips on the joists and devise the cantilever section that will overhang the back fence before I can start putting roof sheets on.

I can't wait to get cracking.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment