Wednesday 28 June 2017

The Frame Takes Shape

Wednesday 28th of June 2017

While still working full days at Barry's house I have managed a little progress on the workshop in the evenings this week.


I couldn't wait to see what the frame looked like with sheathing on it - so on Tuesday evening I fitted three sheets.
Not easy on your own - you have to get the position just right and then get a screw in.
I will improve the technique for the next session.

A lot of rain on Wednesday and the OSB is not water proof on the walls - so I covered the sheets with some polythene to help a bit.
The outer cladding is often fixed on battens - I tried a two by one sawn and treated batten to see what it looked like - OK !


Also managed to fit all the Herringbone joist struts that I had (60) - they look good - easy to nail on.
I am 8 short to finish them - I would have had plenty at two foot joist spacing but I decided to increase the number of joist to 16 inch spacing.
Screwfix have them - no problem.

The balance of the wall sheathing OSB arrives at 3 pm today ( Thursday) and I hope to get it all fitted this weekend.

I am trying to work out the best way to cut twenty fairing strips for the roof fall - I might take the timber to Sheffield on Friday and use my band saw.
Once they are on I am ready for the roof if I can afford the materials ?

Coming along nicely.

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment