Wednesday 1 June 2016

Wash Day

Tuesday 21st May 2016



                                                     Jackie with the washer all set up.

A lovely sunny day with a good drying breeze so Jackie got cracking and washed 6 loads !
Blazer was decked out with washing over every handrail.

Jackie took penny for a long walk while I cleared up and hoovered.

Then I started boat jobs - testing the engine.
The engine started straight away but no cooling water coming through - a blockage at the intake under the cockpit.
I have a roding out tee piece fitted but the blockage kept coming back - probably a piece of sea weed like a flap over the inlet pipe.
I tried shifting it with the mop - laid down on the pontoon but I just could not reach it.
So - wetsuit on - jump in and try to get under the boat - no chance - too buoyant !!

Eventually I cleared the weed with the mop while I was in the water - what a job.!!

 Jackie decided my hair was ready for cutting - so out came the cutters and cape.

We entertained three visitors in the afternoon from a visiting British boat - Peter and his sons - James and Robert
Tea and cake plus lots of fuss for Penny - she soaked up the attention!!

Beef curry for tea - a productive day in sunshine.

Mike - Jackie + Penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment