Wednesday 11 October 2017

No workshop Progress

Wednesday 11th of October 2017

A very busy weekend for me - fitting 21 sq metres of solid oak flooring for My sister in law.
Very expensive flooring - a lot of pressure on me to get it right - but the boards did not cooperate !!

Being a natural wood product with loads of lovely character / knots / pippy / colours - this can cause the boards to dry at different rates.
These boards varied in width by up to 3 mm !!!!!

I worked out that I had to measure the width of each board - stack them in same width piles and lay rows of same width boards.

My saviour was a Stanley shoulder plane that I used to trim the joints flush to get gap free fitting.

The job turned out really well - Gill and John very pleased.

Now back at Barry's - the last room progressing well - he might be coming over on the 22nd.
I would love to have the inside done for then - might be possible !!

I got word yesterday that I start 3 bedroom floors with laminate at Fiona's on the 23rd of this month.

So - no pressure there then !!!!!

So - no time to work on my beloved workshop at the moment - I will post as soon as there is more to show.

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment