Sunday 1 October 2017

Fascia Board and More Cladding.

Sunday 1st of October 2017


A good day today - very busy mainly preparing the big fascia board - but with John's help, I managed to cut and fit the cladding to the right of the door.

This ship lap is a dream to fit - no forcing the joints together - a well engineered product.
Checked regularly with the spirit level - spot on.

We assembled the fascia board from three pieces of  6 x 1.5 PSE pine timber - biscuit jointed and polyurethane glue - sash clamped.

We cut oak packing's for the area where the fascia is mounted - now all ready.

I plan to belt sand up the fascia board - rout a radius to the front edges and rout a groove at each end for the side fascia boards to slot into.

I also plan to prime and undercoat the mounting timber and all surfaces of the fascia before it goes up.

We cut oak strips to be glued and pinned to the inner top edge to compress the reluctant roofing felt at the edge of the roof.

I have emailed Cuprinol - to ask if it is better to prime and undercoat the bare wood before top coating with the Garden Shades paint that I bought for the front and sides.
I am keen to get some paint on the bare wood before it soaks up moisture !!

Very pleased with the result for the day - I didn't expect to do any cladding.

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment