Monday 2 October 2017

Fascia Board

Monday 2nd of October 2017

After a day working at Barry's house - I managed to belt sand the fascia board -( the joints nice and flush now) - 80 then 120 grit belts.

I Routed the front edges with a 6 mm radius cutter - looks great.

I marked out and routed an 8 mm groove at each end for the PVC fascia boards for the sides to slot into.

I glued and pinned the oak strip to the top edge - to pull down the edge of the roofing felt.

I also emailed Cuprinol at the weekend - asking if it is better to prime the bare cladding before painting with garden shades - NO - two coats straight onto bare wood within 8 hours of each coat .

Sounds too easy ??

A very productive evening.

Amazing - working on a 15 foot job, inside - with 9 foot more spare room - wow.

I can hang it tomorrow if it's fine weather.

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment