Sunday 10 September 2017

Widow Frame

Saturday 9th of September 2017

Confession !!
There was nothing wrong with the Tackwise staples - the genuine Stanley ones didn't work either - I found a way to open up the stapler and found an errant staple - jamming up the mechanism - DUH !!

So - early on Saturday I fitted all the paper to the last of the sheathing - Great.

To sort out the correct width for the window boards and centre door jams I tacked on a sample of the shiplap cladding under the window - then cut 12mm MDF for the internal cladding in the office
( the MDF was reclaimed from a former workshop in Sheffield )

Then I realised that I needed to insulate the window wall before I could fit the MDF - so I cut and fitted polystyrene - 2 inches thick ( also reclaimed ) to fit in between the studding - messy !

Then I realised that I need to wire a double socket on the window wall before I can fit the MDF -
I will get to that on Sunday.

I popped in some temporary screws to see what the cladding fitted like - Not Bad !!

The office will be about 6 feet square and will have a worktop desk - 2 drawer filing cabinet - computer and book shelves.
It will mean that Jackie will get the office upstairs in the house back as a single bedroom.
It will still have a small desk in it and a computer but all my stuff will be in the workshop office.
I am eager to get that bit done ASAP.

So - socket next - then fix the MDF - then cut the widow boards flush with the shiplap and the MDF - then fit the window.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment