Monday 11 September 2017

The Window is IN !

Sunday 10th of September 2017


A rainy Monday morning - it's hard to see but the window is in position !!

Yesterday - Sunday - I installed a double socket under the window - (just the box and cable) - then fixed the MDF panel around the window inside.

I could then cut the window lining to width - ( flush with the shiplap and the MDF ).
With that nailed in place, I installed the first double glazed unit with a bead made from door stop pine - cut down in width to a nice width for the glass.
I fixed the unit with temporary laths so that I can work out the best method of fitting the next double glazed unit behind it.
The second unit is slightly smaller than the first one - so packing strips are needed.

I will seal the first unit with acrylic sealant before I push it into place - then wipe off any sealant that squeezes out.

I pinned in place a test sample of the shiplap cladding and a 3 inch architrave that I thought would look good around the window and central door.

I still have to frame out - insulate and sheath the area behind where the fascia board will go - I have all the materials for that - no problem.

The other good news - B&Q stock the parliament hinges I need to hang the doors - £3.50 per set - I need 6 sets !!
Before I order - I will try Shaws in Sheffield - might be a bit cheaper.

Back to Barry's this week - I will post an update if I manage any evening work on the workshop.

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment