Thursday 14 September 2017

Hinges

Thursday 14th of September 2017

I had to go to Sheffield today to visit my rented house for a chat about gas cookers ! - so it was a great opportunity to try Shaw's for the door hinges that I need.

The doors will be about 52 mm thick to start with and then I would like them to fold right back in front of  the architrave - so I am looking for hinges about 70mm wide ( from the pivot point ).

As mentioned before - B&Q have parliament hinges at £3.50 a pair which is OK - but I wanted to try Shaw's.
I was a bit shocked when they asked for £12.50 a pair - WHAT !!!

Then I spotted large back flap hinges - 70mm wide - very strong - £1.60 a pair +VAT - Great.

I will trim them to the exact width and re-drill the holes - no bother at all - worth the visit.

I then visited my unit and filled the car with small items and the belt sander - no point in going home empty from now on.
I plan to fill the car and trailer every visit from now on ( about once per week )

I know that it means that I'm filling up the unfinished workshop but I'll manage some how.

So - I'm well prepared for this weekend - finish the window - hang the doors - find door bolts and a good lock from my stock - finish the sheathing behind the front fascia board.

I had a good tidy up last night - so that I can work efficiently this weekend.
I can't wait to get cracking !!

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment