Sunday 11 June 2017

More Workshop Framing

Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th of June 2017

I started on Saturday with a very tight chest - maybe a cold coming on - but I plodded on with the frame.


Both long walls framed - nice and plumb - a good day.



All set to start the roof joists.

Sunday

I woke feeling like a cold starting - tight chest - coughing tired.

I made a start and worked all day - slowly - fitted only four joists and made two small errors - no big deal.

I cut the joists long enough to take the fascia board when really they should be flush for the first cladding board - no bother - I will just saw them flush where they are.

I notched the canopy beams and they don't need notching - again - I can trim them.


The arrangement is for one central noggin plus two sets of cross straps for each joist - nice and solid.

So - slow progress this weekend - but there is no rush - it will be the end of the month before I can buy more material.

I did have some luck - I won a half roll of Tyvek house wrap on eBay for £25 - I will collect it on our way to Blazer next weekend.

Mike.



No comments:

Post a Comment