Saturday 17 September 2016

What shall we do.?

Friday 15th September 2016

After the poor day yesterday and a poor forecast for the next 5 days I wondered if we should cut the trip short and go home.

I also have some office work to do and have not brought enough information with me to sort it.
We have checked Blazer out - she is in great condition - and I have completed the projects that I wanted to do this trip.

So I made the decision  to make plans to go home on Monday.

We called at the vets in town and they arranged an appointment for Penny to have her worming tablet at 11.30 - great. - No problems - the vet examined Penny and said she was fine - all set to travel.

We shopped and bought a lovely seafood spread for our evening meal - Fantastic !
The sun came out so off we went to take Penny on a beach.
The tide was way out ( Springs now ) and we spotted people collecting cockles on a beach we never go on.
We had our tools with us - so cockling we went.

It was really easy to fill our bucket with all sizes of clams and cockles - a good kilo in less than an hour !
Penny loves doing her own thing while we are busy - sometimes wandering off a long way !!

Back on board I steamed them just in water and we ate them with a little vinegar and black pepper - Lovely !!
                                                        Non for Penny - All Gone !

In the afternoon - Jackie read her book in sunshine in the cockpit while I did some overdue engine maintenance - changing the twin fuel filters.
I was shocked to find just how much gunge was in the primary filter - Must change them more often !!
It was a messy job with diesel fuel everywhere but I managed to contain it all and soon had it all squared away.
Jackie took penny for another long walk then cooked our seafood meal.
Lots of Prawns in the shell as a starter and baked white fish with noodles and fresh bread - WOW !!

A lovely day !!

Mike - Jackie + Penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment