Sunday 11 September 2016

Rain and then More Rain !!

Saturday 10th September 2016

A cloudy, cool and drizzly start today - so a slow start pottering on board - I tackled a job that I have been putting off because I thought it would get sea water on the fridge unit under the sink but in the end it was fine.

The galley sink waste pipe was blocked and had to be plunged regularly - so I fixed it.
No amount of rodding and pumping got near the problem so - I drained it as low as I could and then closed the seacock and took the pipe off !
The cause was visible straight away - a small mussel was wedged in the pipe along with a piece of mussel shell - I would never have fixed it from the sink !!
All back together - sorted - WONDERFUL !!
I must be more careful when I wash mussels in future !!!

Jackie noticed that there were lots of people congregating near the fishing boat area and we went to investigate with Penny.

It turned out to be a big celebration to dedicate a new lifeboat for Trebeurden with a Bishop and dignitaries from all over plus a famous French actress.

About 10 other local lifeboats attended  along with a crowd of 2 or 3 hundred people.
                                                        Old fashioned police ?

We saw the dedication accompanied by a small band - all in a drizzle !!
                                                      New lifeboat.

Then the new lifeboat led off out into the bay with all the other lifeboats following - they were all full of the dignitaries and visitors - then the rain really came down - for hours !!!

They had laid on big marquees and a stage for bands - plus stalls with demonstrations and bouncy castles - No fun in the rain.

We dashed back to Blazer and got on with a few jobs.

I fitted a small TV to the forward cabin and a DVD player so that Jackie can chill out with a girly film when she needs a bit of space - it works well.

 I found that the main computer built into Blazer didn't work - it had been fine in the morning - so I started to sort it - very frustrating !!
I put in a lot of work - all to no avail - then texted Paul my computer wizz for support.
I did what he suggested and BINGO all good !!

We then took Penny out for a long walk on the beach in sunshine ! - lovely - and when we got back we fitted the spray hood that had been home for a proper sewing job with UV resistant thread.

All together a useful day - nice to see the event and a good few jobs done.

Mike - Jackie + Penny.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mike,
    good to see you're still out there enjoying Blazer.
    just a note on the spray hood, all threads we use are UV resistant. But they only last about 2 or 3 years before needing to be replaced/re-stitched. The canvas lasts much longer than the threads. white sail cloth threads seem to be the most UV resistant. coloured ones don't seem to last as long.
    hopefully we'll catch up in person one day in the future when I'm out and about on Boogie Nights.

    ReplyDelete