Tuesday 13 September 2016

Sunshine and Thundery showers

Tuesday 13th September 2016

A thundery / rainy start to the day - then full sunshine.

First a visit to Mr. Bricolage at Tregestel to buy plywood and a piece of square softwood to make the tray to hold the cockpit shower.
While I was doing that, Jackie shopped at the big supermarket across the car park.
I found two pieces of half inch ply exactly the right size in the off cut bin at one Euro each - great !

Then off to a nice walk close by - round the lake in an area across the water from Ille Renote.
Lovely sunshine but no sea for Penny to swim in today.

We didn't take a flask today so we went to the port of Tregestel and had coffee in a restaurant overlooking the bay - lovely.
All the people eating made us want to order lunch but Penny was not settled so - back to Blazer for a nice long lunch in sunshine sat in the cockpit - lovely.

We chilled out on board in the afternoon - I walked Penny around the rocks near the marina and spotted lots of black berries ! Then I made some progress with the tray construction in between the thundery showers.

By the time it was dark, I had the shelf / tray made and the cover secured over the access hole and sealed.
I need to drill a 30mm hole in it for the mixer valve, then it can be fitted and painted tomorrow.
I have enjoyed making it - fitting it around all the shapes and angles plus joining the parts with nice brass screws - satisfying.

 No photos today - I forgot the camera !

Mike - Jackie + Penny.


No comments:

Post a Comment