Tuesday 13 September 2016

My Kind of day !

Monday 12th September 2016

After the early rain we set off for Tregestel market in sunshine - Not as big as the market gets in July and August but bigger than we normally see.

We met an old man who was interested in Penny - He was a French man brought up in Engalnd and so spoke with a very posh British accent !

I bought half a dozen big oysters from this stall for a very reasonable 50 cents each.

Penny behaved well despite lots of tourists  


Jackie doing self service for our favourite small tomatoes from the best stall, they taste devine - we eat them like sweets !

From the market we drove to Ille Renote to walk Penny and to make a change we walked it in reverse direction - lovely.


                                                      Penny up to the neck in it !


                                                                A coffee stop.

We took a rucksac from home this trip - much better.


                                                            Second coffee stop.

Back on board the sun was really strong, but I wanted to sort a couple of jobs.

I put together a hand pump to transfer the contents of our toilet holding tank into a 5 gallon black container.
It went together well and I tested it - No Problem - we now have self pump out when we need it.
The contents of the container go down the toilet in the shower block - easy.

Then I started the installation of a cockpit shower.
I have wanted one for years - for washing sand off feet - showering when we have had a swim and now for washing Penny !

All I managed to get done was cutting the six inch diameter hole in the cockpit for the access cover and I worked out the size of plywood that I need to make a tray inside to hold the shower control and shower head.

Jackie made a great meal of steak with Ratatouille and Dauphenous potatoes - Wonderful.

My kind of day !

Mike - Jackie + Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment