Saturday 5 August 2017

More roofing.

Saturday 5th of August 2017

It was supposed to be a rainy day today but at the last minute the forecast improved - so I jumped at a chance to finish the second layer of roofing felt.

I quickly laid the next roll - full length ( 8 mtrs )  x 800 mm - got it a touch too hot at the last bit and struggled to lay it - no problem - I cut it back 6 inches and patched in another piece.

I cut the last piece - 15 feet by 2 feet - the go across the front edge and lap onto the ends of all 5 rows of felt.

That laid better - all looking good - just the edges to finish off.

The big burner is too fierce for small stuff and my smaller burner is almost the same power - I will try to find a burner / gun with a more controllable flame for the edges.

The rain was due at lunch time so all packed up and tidy - no rain !!

I planned to build a garden bench seat for Scott this weekend - so I launched straight int that job after lunch - a simple construction - a big box made out of decking.
The first project to build in the workshop - wonderful.

By 20.30 it was just about finished - I ran out of screws !!

Sunday - we are driving down to Essex - Blazer - with Jackie's sister Zoie - for a week.

The next blog will be sailing - at last !!

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment