Saturday 12 August 2017

Workshop Project.

Saturday 12th of August 2017

A lovely warm sunny day - a day for unpacking from the trip and finishing the long bench seat for Scott.

First job was to run to Screwfix to buy re stock the screw box - good value !

When I returned I framed up the bench supports and backrest - glued and screwed the joints  - then fitted all the backrest boards - clamped them all tight and screwed them in place.

The backrest is able to lean back towards the fence behind it - it will be more comfortable that way - to get the best angle - I fixed it with one row of screws at the bottom as a pivot - then it will be fixed in place on site when the best angle is achieved.

Scott dropped off some LED lights for me to fit in the base but I need a 65 mm hole saw to mount them - now ordered from Ebay.

So - now the bench is ready for first fitting on site - Wednesday next week - it splits down into three sections - flat pack style - to transport it on the roof of my poor little car.

Next job - I bought a set of used - temporary building site lamps on EBay for just £5 and they arrived today.

I knew that they needed to be connected up because someone had cut the set up at some stage !!
That's why I got them very cheaply.

I sorted out the best ones - plus a few connectors - now I have 7 bulb holders with bulb guards all fixed around the edge of the workshop - all powered by one plug - great - I only had 3 low wattage bulbs - 5 more on order from Ebay.

A good day in the new workshop.

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment