Tuesday 6 December 2016

Tidy Up

Monday 5th of December 2016
Very frosty start but sunny periods today

A morning in the office - off hired the compactor for collection Tuesday.

Contacted Bosworth Grab hire - £100 cash to move the remaining hardcore to the lake - not too bad.

Contacted Cempump - £288 to pump 4 cubic metres of concrete up to 30 metres - additional cost for longer distance - must measure up !!

Looked and looked on line for reinforcement mesh - found prices all over the place - emailed 3 companies for a delivered price - no replies !!
Ainscough Metals in Lancashire - £20 for A142 @ 4.8 x 2.4 - very cheap but no reply to my email ?
I will ring them.
I think it would be pushing my poor little car too much to collect 4 sheets - 16 feet by 8 feet !!

I brought round another 4 barrow loads in the afternoon  filling in low spots and sludgy paths - I might delay moving the left over hardcore until I have set the former and filled in around the edges - I can compact that with my heavy tarmac tamper.

I ran the compactor round and round the site - all nice and solid - great !!

I measured the pump pipe run at 50 metres - I will ring Cempump for an updated price.

I measured for the electrical supply cable and conduit run 50 metres again.

There won't be much progress this week - I will post at the weekend.
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment