Wednesday 26 October 2016

Hot Sunny Day

Tuesday 25th of October 2016

A bit foggy at first then hot sunshine all day - great !

I continued with the fuel - this time I filtered two 5 gallon drums of red diesel that I brought from home this trip.
They were the result of a major fuel spill  (a few years ago) from a shattered glass filter bowl which emptied the fuel tank into the bilge. - I pumped it into the drums and cleaned up - got rid of the glass bowls - now aluminium.
I have searched for a contractor to filter the fuel without success - but now I can do it myself !
Red diesel is legal in boats in the UK but not over here - reading up about it - it is better if you are caught with it in the fuel tank than if it is in the reserve drums - so yesterday I transferred the white diesel into the reserve drums to make space for the red diesel in the fuel tank.

I now need to find the UK receipt for the red diesel to prove that I have paid some duty on it.

So - all finished with the fuel - all washed in hot soapy water - and I found a great place to store the filter system in the cockpit locker ready for next season tank check.

Next job was to tidy up some plumbing to the cockpit shower - done.

Next job was to remove the broken hinge from the gas bottle locker door - the local chandler has no replacements so I will find them on line or repair the originals at home.

I then got cracking in the galley and cooked a Chilli Con Carne - tasty.

I finished the day with a drop of red wine watching the sunset - great !!


No comments:

Post a Comment