Monday 12 October 2015

Steady Day.

Sunday 11th of October.

Not a lot to report today -

I did all the cooking today - by way of giving Jackie a break.

A big cooked breakfast with Bacon Grill - great - Then on to a serious STEW !!

We found a 1 kg pack of rabbit at Lidl the other day and bought all the veg -

Carrots - small turnips - parsnips - leeks - cabbage - potatoes and onions.





I cut up the rabbit - browned it in oil - using my two gallon pan ( an ancient Prestige pressure cooker - but only used as a pan these days)



Seasoned with mixed herbs and two OXO'S - covered with boiling water and boiled for an hour.


Then all the veg in and cover with water and boil for another two hours at least.

Jackie topped it off with 4 dumplings just before serving at tea time.

Though I say so myself - Wonderfull !!

It lasted two days - its all I know how to cook.

mike and Jackie.



No comments:

Post a Comment