Thursday 1 October 2015

Pottering Locally.

Wednesday 30th September

Another fine / warm but windy day - lovely.

We chose not to go to the Tregeiere market today - I cooked a hearty breakfast then Jackie sunbathed in the cockpit and read while I started a little job.

Zoie kindly gave me a danforth style anchor - of a good size for a stern anchor.
I removed the small fisherman anchor that was strapped to the pushpit rails and stowed it in the locker.
I had brought an article that I had seen in a magazine that showed how to make a simple bracket to mount a danforth anchor. I also brought out a nice piece of meranti board to make the mount.
A quick measure up - mark out - and cut to size ( all the hand saws that I have and I end up using a rusty one !!) then glued and screwed - it fits perfectly.
A first coat of decking oil and the anchor put in place - looks good.
I will try and think of a good way to clip the stem of the anchor to the pushpit rail - tie wraps will do for now.


Low tide today about 3 pm so off to the cockle / clam picking spot.
We were very productive - we worked hard as a team and filled our basket just as the tide started to rush back in.
Walking back - Jackie tried a deep hole where a big jet of water came from - Bingo !! she hit something - I dug out an enormous clam about 5 inches across !!

A little further on Jackie tried again and dug out a razor clam easilly. !!

We picked up bread / wine and some big prawns on offer at our local supermarket then back on board for a feast.

As soon as we got back I checked my phone and got a message from the letting agent -
THE HOUSE IS NOW LET !!!!
The American family signed up earlier in the day after hard negotiation with the agent ( I gave her permission)

We are so pleased - the fizz came out - PARTY NIGHT !!!



A GREAT DAY

Mike and Jackie.






No comments:

Post a Comment