Thursday 15 October 2015

Blazer Maintenance Day.

Thursday 15th of October.

Jackie is still waiting for the antibiotics to start working  - not feeling too good, but managing OK.

Jackie made the butternut squash soup with our new liquidiser - great.

Sorry about no photos recently - the last three posts are from the iPad and it's not easy to transfer photos from my camera to the iPad - the keyboard on the main computer has developed a fault and try as I might I can't fix it - new ones out here are expensive and mostly European layout - no good.

We got set up for varnishing again today for the second coat on the items we started a week ago - easy this time - just a light sand paper.

I got stuck into the overheating problem with the engine.

I removed all the engine covers and stripped the water pump and pipe work off.

Two reasons came to light straight away.

The water pump impeller had broken and the bit was blocking the pump outlet !!

The pipe work ( copper ) was part blocked by lime scale !!

That's 7 months neglect for you!!

I completely rebuilt the pump including new shaft seals, then boiled the pipe in de scaler solution - it shone!

All back together plus a new engine anode - tested - much better.

All this took all morning so I left the thermostat untouched for now - I did want to strip it and check it out - next time.

The cooling water flow is much stronger and the temperature normal now.

All cleaned up - shopping for a few food items - curry for dinner - intermittent TV in the evening.

Mike & Jackie.

No comments:

Post a Comment