Thursday 5 January 2017

Preparation for the next leg

Thursday 5th of January 2017

Two nights here in Eastbourne due to strong winds and then Northerly wind but on Friday good sailing wind from the South.

Caught up on sleep and good food - this is a luxury marina - the best - which means expensive £ 27 per night !!

I studied the route to Ramsgate - 65 miles - about 13 hours if I set off at one am - that will give me seven hours of dark + six hours of daylight - if I set off later the trip will take much longer due to tides.

I marked up the paper chart with the route and course to steer - fuelled up to the brim + 6 gallons in reserve - fixed the nav light that went out on the last leg - topped up the engine and gearbox oil levels - we are ready.

I should be in Ramsgate by 2 pm - good - the high wind starts again at about 6 pm.

I checked wave heights - good - less than one meter - I checked for fog - the met office inshore waters said - visibility - good to moderate occasionally poor - might be mist !!

All set - now trying to sleep when I'm not tired !!

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment