Thursday 11 October 2012

Cruise Completed.

Tuesday 9th October.

Lovely Day.

I left Ramsgate later than usual at 09.20 in order to be on a rising tide when we cross the sand bank just North of Fishermans Gat.

The tides are neaps now but I wanted as much water as possible.

Sunny with force 4 from NE was great - all sail up plus engine gave us 7 knots past all the wind farms.

I was contacted by guard vessel Marianne - no problem he just wanted to know if I was using Fishermans Gat.

We crossed the sandbank with 2.5 metres under the keel - spot on.

Nigel met me in the Whitaker channel and we sailed then motored to North Fambridge - lovely day.

That completes this trip - three months - 550 miles - enjoyed all of it.

Wednesday was spent cleaning and tidying Blazer - ready for a visit in three weeks time with my new friend - Jackie.

Now you see why Blazer is back in Fambridge.

Thanks to all who have followed me through this trip.

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment